Having experienced growing success and interest over the last few years the culturally acclaimed Tjungu Festival is returning to Ayers Rock Resort on 22-25 April 2017. The festival is in its fourth year, and vibrantly celebrates the best of Australian Indigenous culture, featuring music, dance, film, fashion, food, sport and more. Tjungu means meeting together in local Anangu language.
The 2017 event will see some of their most popular artists and ambassadors back by popular demand. These personalities will be joined by a host of emerging and established Indigenous performers, sporting heroes, and artists, with this year’s focus on even more local performers from the Anangu people, and the surrounding lands. Highlights include:
- Local Anangu welcome to country with Inma dance
- Lively interactive markets where Indigenous artists showcase their work and traditional bush foods can be sampled
- Indigenous fashion parade
- Selection of traditional and contemporary indigenous musicians and bands
- Exclusive outdoor desert dining experience “Tastes of Tjungu” with a contemporary bush food inspired menu and Master Class hosted by celebrity chef
- Tjungu Cup, an AFL match featuring local Anangu Pitjantjatjara Yankunytajatjara football teams including on field entertainment.
BOOK TJUNGU FESTIVAL PACKAGES Book your full Tjungu Festival itinerary online, including your accommodation, dining events and tours or call 1300 134 044 or click here
Featured Image Credit: Voyages Indigenous Tourism Australia